Thursday, May 26, 2011

26 May | a.m




I am a sinner, O my Lord, and Thou art the Ever-Forgiving. As soon as I recognized Thee, I hastened to attain the exalted court of Thy loving-kindness. Forgive me, O my Lord, my sins which have hindered me from walking in the ways of Thy good-pleasure, and from attaining the shores of the ocean of Thy oneness.
- Baha'u'llah, Prayers and Meditations by Baha'u'llah, p. 29
 In the same way in the Qur’án it is said to Muhammad: "We have granted Thee a manifest victory, so that God may forgive Thee Thy preceding and subsequent sin." [Cf. Qur’án 48:1-2] This address, although apparently directed to Muhammad, was in reality for all the people. This mode of address, as before said, was used by the perfect wisdom of God, so that the hearts of the people might not be troubled, anxious and tormented.
- Abdu’l-Bahá, Some Answered Questions, p. 169

No comments:

Post a Comment