Friday, October 19, 2012

18 Oct | p.m


I am, I am, I am, the promised One! I am the One whose name you have for a thousand years invoked, at whose mention you have risen, whose advent you have longed to witness, and the hour of whose Revelation you have prayed God to hasten. Verily I say, it is incumbent upon the peoples of both the East and the West to obey My word and to pledge allegiance to My person.
- The Báb quoted in The Dawn-Breakers, pp. 315-316
Immediately after He had declared Himself to be the promised One, a feeling of awe seized those who were present. They had dropped their heads in silent confusion. The pallor of their faces betrayed the agitation of their hearts. Mulla Muhammad, that one-eyed and white-bearded renegade, insolently reprimanded Him, saying: 'You wretched and immature lad of Shiraz! You have already convulsed and subverted Iraq; do you now wish to arouse a like turmoil in Adhirbayjan?' 'Your Honour,' replied the Báb, 'I have not come hither of My own accord. I have been summoned to this place.'
- Shoghi Effendi, The Dawn-Breakers, p. 315

No comments:

Post a Comment