Thursday, February 24, 2011

23 Feb | p.m




Blessed is he who hath heard of My grief and hath arisen to aid Me among My people. Blessed is he who hath laid down his life in My path and hath borne manifold hardships for the sake of My Name. Blessed the man who, assured of My Word, hath arisen from among the dead to celebrate My praise.
- Baha'u'llah, Tablets of Baha'u'llah, p. 17
As we suffer these misfortunes we must remember that the Prophets of God Themselves were not immune from these things which men suffer. They knew sorrow, illness and pain too. They rose above these things through Their spirits, and that is what we must try and do too, when afflicted. The troubles of this world pass, and what we have left is what we have made of our souls; so it is to this we must look - to becoming more spiritual, drawing nearer to God, no matter what our human minds and bodies go through.
- Shoghi Effendi, Directives from the Guardian, p. 67

No comments:

Post a Comment